I Am Young America launches this June! Want to join our team and share young entrepreneur profiles from your area? I Am Young America is putting out a special call for Lead CitySpotters! If you’ve got strong photography skills, an excellent eye for design and are inspired by the next generation of entrepreneurs, read on.
Position: Lead CitySpotter
Location: Anywhere, USA (Remote)
Compensation: Paid. Compensation per post.
Hours: Part-Time, Freelance.
We’re looking for people to profile young entrepreneurs all over America, but especially in Atlanta, Chicago, D.C., New Orleans, and Philadelphia.
If you are offered the position and accept, we’ll move forward with a 2 month trial, after which we are looking for someone who can commit to at least one year.
This is a paid, freelance position (minimum 2 posts per month to start, more openings possible).
- Excellent photography skills and a good eye for stellar images
- Accurate, confident writing ability
- A strong sense of style and interest in local entrepreneurship
- A reliable computer and high speed internet connection
- A good quality digital camera/lenses/tripod
- Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
Rolling Application — but the sooner the better!
Please send the following info to Margarita[at]IAmYoungAmerica[dot]com with “Lead Cityspotter Search – (City)” as the subject, along with:
- Your name and contact information
- How you first found I Am Young America
- What you do full time
- Where you plan on finding entrepreneurs in your area and a few pitches of entrepreneurs that you think you’d be able to profile if hired
- A complete sample entrepreneur profile
Your sample profile post should be complete and representative of the style and quality you would deliver on profile posts on an ongoing basis. It should consist of:
- A minimum of 10 of your original high-res photos – we look for a well rounded mix of beautiful images; both vertical and horizontally oriented photos, long shots including the entrepreneur in his or her workspace or brick and mortar establishment with closeups of specific areas of interest and vignettes. Photos should be named numerically in the order that you would want them viewed in a slideshow (example: photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, etc)
- A short intro, approx. 3-5 paragraphs
- An I Am Young America Questionnaire completed by the featured entrepreneur
- An interactive photo. See guide here.
We want to be WOWED with your unique voice and awesome pictures! Please submit an unpublished entrepreneur profile written specifically for I Am Young America. Good luck!